|Title:||Contract Editor for Educational Science Test Items, Remote|
CONTRACT EDITOR FOR EDUCATIONAL SCIENCE TEST ITEMS—REMOTE
We’re looking for an experienced, talented editor to review Science items for grades 6-10 nonfiction text passages. The candidate must have experience honing clear, plausible test items at all Lexile levels for all grades. Contract position; must be available to work at least 30 hours per week.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in education or educational measurement
- 5+ years of experience editing educational science assessment items for grades 6-10
- Thorough knowledge of Middle and High School Life, Physical, & Earth and Space Science
- Knowledge of properly constructed multiple-choice Science items.
- Familiarity with national and/or state curriculum standards, including Common Core
- Experience editing at all Lexile levels
- Ability to work remotely while collaborating and contributing creatively to a team
- Comfortable providing feedback to test item writers
- Ability to focus on the details required to finalize and release a piece of content that is error free
- Excellent communication and time-management skills
- Strong technical and word processing skills
- Edit items at all levels for clarity, accuracy, and plausibility to required specifications and Science standards.
- Apply rules of grammar, mechanics, style, etc. to items.
- Send feedback to writers for revisions.
- Foster respectful relationships with colleagues.
- Demonstrate a high level of productivity, including the ability to meet firm deadlines.
- Exhibit accountability for assigned work.