|Title:||Actively Learn Backend Software Engineer, Remote|
Backend Software Engineer:
Actively Learn’s mission is to enable every student to learn deeply.
Our vision is why we are building the best digital reading platform for students. For too many,
reading is simply not as educational and rewarding as it should be. We reinvent reading so that
students deeply understand what they read, build connections between texts, and actively
As a company, we want to help students learn, think, and become people who do great things.
We are optimistic about what thinking young people can accomplish and we look forward to the
world they will build.
We’re hiring a software engineer to join our engineering team and help us build out and scale
our integrations with school information systems. We’re looking for someone who is as
passionate about education and collaboration as they are about technology.
Culturally, our team is a small, highly collaborative start-up. As a software engineer at Actively
Learn, you'll play a key role in helping us migrate our frontend to React and build out new
features that meet the classroom and remote learning needs of students and teachers.
What we do:
We are web engineers experienced in building performant web platforms at scale.
We use Node JS, Typescript, React, MySQL, and our platform runs on AWS.
We are committed to clean, maintainable code and using the right tool for the job.
- 3+ years professional experience with Node JS
- 2+ years professional experience with unit testing and testing best practices
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs
- Passionate about continuously improving the systems you are responsible for
- Passionate about clean, readable, maintainable code and architecture
- Possesses great problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills both with technical and non-technical staff
- BA in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years professional experience with React
- 1+ years professional experience with Typescript
- Experience communicating with and supporting customers