|Title:||Science and Social Studies Writer, Remote|
Educational Writer – Focus on Social Studies or Science – Remote
We’re looking for a versatile writer whose style gets 6th-10th grade students excited to read! Writer’s expertise must be in Middle School and High School Social Studies or Science subject matter.
This is a contract position with the possibility of transitioning to a full-time, salaried position.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education or related fields
- Minimum 3+ years of experience writing Social Studies or Science content for teens (Submit one or more samples.)
- Stellar writing ability with demonstrated creativity
- Measured aptitude in following in-house writing guidelines (Must take a writing test.)
- Knowledge of writing for the educational market
- Excellent communication and time-management skills
- Strong technical and word processing skills
- Accessibility to a strong Internet connection
- Produce creative, informative non-fiction pieces from multiple sources for students in grades 6-10.
- Write content for different grade levels and reading abilities (Experience with the MetaMetrics Lexile Analyzer is a plus.)
- Contribute to and exchange ideas with a high-energy team of writers and editors
- Work remotely in a collaborative environment, while maintaining communication and a steady workflow
- Foster respectful relationships with colleagues
- Demonstrate a high level of productivity
- Exhibit accountability for assigned work