|Title:||Science Curriculum Writer, Remote|
311 B Occidental Ave S, Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98104
Science Curriculum Writer
Actively Learn is an award-winning digital curriculum that drives student engagement and equity through deeper learning. Our flexible features and comprehensive, standards-aligned resources empower teachers to deepen students’ comprehension in ELA, social studies, and science. Actively Learn is part of the Achieve3000 suite of digital education solutions.
In this role you will craft NGSS-aligned science content and instruction designed to deepen student understanding and engagement. You will work with a small but mighty team that seeks to support all students in mastering complex science concepts by building differentiated scaffolds and higher-order questions that take student thinking to the next level.
- Evaluate existing science curriculum units and assignments for NGSS-alignment
- Design and develop new science curriculum units that are engaging and culturally relevant
- Create three-dimensional NGSS-aligned assessments for middle and highschool Performance Expectations
- Write and review instruction for science assignments that drive deep understanding of science concepts and connect new ideas to what students already know
- Deep knowledge of and passion for NGSS and other state science standards
- Experience crafting high-quality curriculum and instruction for science grades 3-12 that is differentiated, engaging, and designed to promote deeper learning
- Experience with phenomenon-driven instruction for a wide variety of science concepts
- Experience writing clear, engaging content for students
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: