|Title:||Actively Learn Full-stack Software Engineer, Remote|
Full-stack Software Engineer:
Actively Learn’s mission is to enable every student to learn deeply.
Our vision is why we are building the best math product for students. For too many, learning
math is a struggle and a more painful journey than it needs to be. We reinvent online math
education to make it engaging for students and to accelerate their acquisition of math skills.
As a company, we want to help students learn, think, and become people who do great things.
We are optimistic about what thinking young people can accomplish and we look forward to the
world they will build.
We’re hiring a software engineer to join our growing engineering team and help improve and
grow our brand new math product. We’re looking for someone who is as passionate about
education, math, and collaboration as they are about technology.
Culturally, our team is a small, highly collaborative start-up. As a software engineer, you'll play a
key role in helping us build out our math product in response to student and teacher needs
across the country.
What we do:
We are web engineers experienced in building performant web platforms at scale.
We use React, Typescript, Node, Node, MySQL, and our platform runs on AWS.
We are committed to clean, maintainable code and using the right tool for the job.
- 2+ years professional experience with React development
- Passionate about continuously improving the systems you are responsible for
- Passionate about clean, readable, maintainable code and architecture
- Possesses great problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills both with technical and non-technical staff
- BA in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years professional experience with Redux or equivalent state management framework
- 1+ years professional experience with Node JS
- 1+ years professional experience with Typescript
- Experience communicating with and supporting customers