|Title:||Content Editor, Remote|
At Achieve3000, we accelerate the literacy growth of every student through differentiated content and instruction. Join us and see what’s next!
Position: Content Editor
Location: remote – Full Time
Report: position reports to Director of Content Initiatives
Job Purpose Summary
The Content Editor is responsible for the quality, consistency, and integrity of all editorial content, as well as the final determination of suitability for publication. In cooperation with our leadership teams, content writers, and other editors, the Content Editor will ensure that all content meets our high standards of editorial excellence for learners in every grade, at every reading level.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Content Editor is responsible for:
- Razor-sharp editing—from substantial content reviews and fact checking to meticulous copyedits—of a wide variety of literacy and instructional materials for grades 1–12.
- Effectively organizing and completing assignments that meet our rigorous production deadlines and align with our curricular goals
- Ensuring that we meet our high standards of editorial and instructional excellence, with focus on quality, classroom sensitivity, and engagement
- Working closely with editorial leadership and teammates to initiate ideas and solutions, anticipate and resolve problems, and ensure excellent results
- Strengthening our products, processes, and outcomes by furthering your knowledge of areas and trends vital to our team’s growth
Required Experience and Knowledge
- BA/MA in English, education, or related field
- 5+ years as editor of materials for Grades K-12, experience in educational publishing or educational technology
- Understanding of appropriate voice, vocabulary, and compositional structure for students across grade and reading levels
- Experience with differentiated text and Lexile levels
- Self-motivated and highly organized, with exceptional follow-through, initiative, and commitment to excellence
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Classroom/education experience a plus
- Desire to be part of a team that’s changing the future of education!