|Title:||Content Writer, Remote|
At Achieve3000, we accelerate the literacy growth of every student through differentiated content and instruction both inside and outside the classroom. With over 20 years of success, we continue to inspire and lead the transformation of literacy worldwide.
Position: Content Writer
Job Purpose Summary
The Content Writer is responsible for developing a wide variety of high-quality, high-engagement content and related assessment items designed to increase reading comprehension among readers in every grade, at every reading level. In cooperation with our leadership team, editors, and other writers, the Content Writer will ensure that all content meets our high standards of editorial excellence. We’re looking for a versatile, engaging writer whose style supports and inspires struggling readers and gets K–12 students excited to read more.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Content Writer is responsible for:
- Developing a wide variety of high-interest feature articles for grades K–12, with a focus on compositional excellence, classroom sensitivity, and student engagement.
- Developing original educational assessment items based on specific nonfiction and fiction text passages.
- Modifying/adapting all content to multiple Lexile levels, ensuring that each student receives a level-appropriate version.
- Revising written content based on editorial feedback.
- Effectively organizing and completing assignments that meet our rigorous production deadlines and align with our curricular goals.
- Identifying trends and developing original story ideas relevant to students.
- Effectively collaborating with editorial leadership and other team members to initiate ideas and solutions, anticipate and resolve problems, and ensure excellent results.
Required Experience and Knowledge
- BA in English, journalism, education, or related field
- 3+ years as a writer in educational publishing or educational technology (or comparable work experience)
- Experience writing for early and struggling readers
- Experience with differentiated text and Lexile levels
- Knowledge of properly constructed multiple-choice and technology-enhanced test items
- Ability to focus on the details required to produce quality, standard-specific test items
- Familiarity with national and/or state curriculum standards, including Common Core
- Understanding of appropriate voice, vocabulary, and compositional structure for students across grade and reading levels
- Self-motivated and highly organized, with exceptional follow-through, initiative, and commitment to excellence
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Classroom or other formal education experience strongly preferred
- Desire to be part of a team that’s changing the future of education and making a difference in the lives of students
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: