|Title:||Content Writer, Remote|
At Achieve3000, we accelerate the literacy growth of every student through differentiated content and instruction. Join us and see what’s next!
Position: Content Writer - Full-Time
Report: position reports to Editorial Director
Job Purpose Summary
The Content Writer is responsible for developing a wide variety of high-quality, high-engagement content for readers in every grade, at every reading level. In cooperation with our leadership teams, editors, and other writers, the Content Writer will ensure that all content meets our high standards of editorial excellence.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Content Writer is responsible for:
- Developing a wide variety of literacy and instructional materials for grades 1–12, with focus on compositional excellence, classroom sensitivity, and high levels of student engagement
- Modifying/adapting content to multiple reading levels, ensuring that each student receives a level-appropriate version
- Effectively organizing and completing assignments that meet our rigorous production deadlines and align with our curricular goals
- Working closely with editorial leadership and teammates to initiate ideas and solutions, anticipate and resolve problems, and ensure excellent results
- Strengthening our products, processes, and outcomes by furthering your knowledge of areas and trends vital to our team’s growth
Required Experience and Knowledge
- Must have 3+ years as a writer in educational publishing, educational technology, or comparable field (does not include lesson plans or curriculum as teacher/educator)
- BA in English, journalism, education, or related field
- Experience writing for early and struggling readers
- Classroom or other formal education experience strongly preferred
- Self-motivated and highly organized, with exceptional follow-through, initiative, and commitment to excellence
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire to be part of a team that’s changing the future of education!