|Title:||Social Studies Content Writer, Remote|
At Achieve3000, we accelerate the literacy growth of every student through differentiated content and instruction. Join us and see what’s next!
Position: Social Studies Content Writer – Full-Time
Report: position reports to Director of Content Initiatives
Job Purpose Summary
The Social Studies Content Writer is responsible for developing a variety of high-quality, high-engagement social studies content for readers in middle and high school, at every reading level. In cooperation with our leadership teams, editors, and other writers, the Social Studies Content Writer will ensure that all content meets our high standards of editorial excellence.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Content Writer is responsible for:
- Developing engaging, social studies content and instructional materials for grades 6–12, with focus on compositional excellence, classroom sensitivity, and student engagement
- Modifying/adapting content to multiple reading levels, ensuring that each student receives a level-appropriate version
- Effectively organizing and completing assignments that meet our rigorous production deadlines and align with our curricular goals
- Working closely with editorial leadership and teammates to initiate ideas and solutions, anticipate and resolve problems, and ensure excellent results
- Strengthening our products, processes, and outcomes by furthering your knowledge of areas and trends vital to our team’s growth
Required Experience and Knowledge
- BA in English, history, journalism, education, or related field
- 3+ years as full-time writer for the education market, including educational publishing or educational technology (or comparable work experience), with substantial experience writing grade 6–12 social studies content
- Experience leveling differentiated text using Lexile or other analyzer, a plus
- Experience writing for early and struggling readers
- Classroom or other formal education experience strongly preferred
- Self-motivated and highly organized, with exceptional follow-through, initiative, and commitment to excellence
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire to be part of a team that’s changing the future of education!