|Title:||Senior Full Stack Engineer, Seattle, Washington|
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA (HQ)
Actively Learn’s mission is to enable every student to learn deeply.
Our vision is why we are building the best digital reading platform for students. For too many, reading is simply not as educational and rewarding as it should be. We reinvent reading so that students deeply understand what they read, build connections between texts, and actively construct knowledge.
As a company, we want to help students learn, think, and become people who do great things. We are optimistic about what thinking young people can accomplish and we look forward to the world they will build.
We’re hiring a software engineer to join our growing engineering team and help build out and scale our platform and services. We’re looking for someone who is as passionate about education and collaboration as they are about technology.
Culturally, our team is a small, highly collaborative start-up, and each of us get to wear a variety of engineering hats.
What we do:
We are web engineers experienced in building performant web platforms at scale.
We are committed to clean, maintainable code and using the right tool for the job.
- Passionate about continuously improving the systems you are responsible for
- Passionate about clean, readable, maintainable code and architecture
- Posses great problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills both with technical and non-technical staff
- Live or want to live in Seattle
- 3+ years industry experience in web development
- 3+ years industry experience with sql
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience with Node JS
- 1+ years experience with Typescript
- Experience communicating with and supporting customers